Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Omniscience.

You know something that's crazy? The fact that everyone has had something happen in their lives that you probably have no idea about. That's right. I'm including close friends and relatives in this mix. You can't possibly know what a person has done or had done to them every second of every day, nor would you particularly want to. Yet God knows everything that has ever occurred throughout all of time. He knows every second of both your life, Ernest Hemingway's life, and Janis Joplin's life. And this concept - this omniscience - fascinates me. The fact that God even cares about all of the little details in our lives. The fact that people could - and do - have scars and triumphs in their lives that I am completely oblivious to. The fact that the world does not revolve around what humans say or do, but around the God who made the world in the first place. I don't know what you've been through in the past, and I don't know what tomorrow holds for you or me. But putting our trust in an omnipresent and omniscient God means that we don't have to worry about where life takes us.

~

"Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." - John 18:37b

1 comment:

  1. This most recently struck me when I was reading through the Psalms. "Who is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?"(Ps. 8:4)

    In that same Psalm it contrasts the giant world that the Lord has created and all the universe he has hung with his hands. Every star and every planet and every particle of dust that floats around in the universe He knows and minds. But even /more/ than that, He minds...us. And He keeps us. Just...wow.

    ~

    "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!"

    ReplyDelete