Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Survival.

It's been a good long while since I've had time to post. And I'm pretty sure that no one reads this blog, anyway. Regardless, I have music world news to report for anyone who happens upon my Internet thoughts.

Muse released a new single for the 2012 London Olympic games. It's called "Survival" and seems largely epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66molzUEkWI

A lot of people seem critical of the "new Muse" and cling desperately to the days of "Absolution" and "Black Holes and Revelations." I don't see what's the matter with the newer Muse music. It's Muse, isn't it? From my experience, Muse = good music. And I don't see that changing anytime soon. I feel the same way about the "new Dashboard Confessional"...but that's another story entirely. :)

Also, The Killers are bringing out a brand new album in the fall entitled "Battle Born." It's been a few years since the release of their last album, "Day & Age;" in the meantime lead singer Brandon Flowers worked on some solo songs. I first personally noticed The Killers when I heard their popular song "Human." I later heard "Mr. Brightside" and obtained "Day & Age," "Hot Fuss," and "Sam's Town" in that order. I think The Killers are definitely one of the more creative bands out there. Not only are they capable of capturing a unique American sound, but they are also able to create pop hits (i.e. "Somebody Told Me," "When You Were Young," etc.) that the masses can enjoy without feeling guilty for liking them. I would strongly encourage anyone to pick up a copy of "Hot Fuss" (their first album) if he or she is curious about this amazing band.

Finally, thanks for reading. I think I'm going to try to limit my posts to album reviews/music finds (as I think I'm better at writing about this than providing abstract thoughts), but if God shows me something I can share online then I most certainly will. :)

~

"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Corinthians 9:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment