Sunday, October 10, 2010

Freedom. And Life.

Freedom is important. The freedom to walk outside and appreciate God's creation. The freedom to step away from the world of responsibilities and deadlines that shorten the years of one's life. The freedom of speech provided in the First Amendment. Freedom should not be used for evil. The freedoms that have been given us came with a price. We did not earn them. Someone came before us and paved the way. I think that perhaps we should remember that the next time we focus on our own petty needs, neglecting to notice the hurting people around us. We have the freedom to be selfish, but the freedom to deny ourselves can be forever savored, forever valued. I am not important. But what I can do, what I can say to help others, to point them toward their Maker-that is important. Without God, freedom does not exist. So treasure your life and the people in it while you can. Freedom is once in a lifetime.

"I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free." -Psalm 119:32

No comments:

Post a Comment