Monday, October 11, 2010

"Another born romantic, that's me."

I would like to dedicate this post to some of the musicians that either help others praise God in a meaningful way or have set the background music for my life.

Switchfoot. They have been my favorite band for seven years and counting. I saw them for the first time two weeks ago in Mississippi. Their songs have never ceased to inspire me; in fact, this blog is named after a line from "Needle and Haystack Life."  These are men with families that love God and the people they sing to.

Tom Petty. Tom and his heartland rock make me smile.

John Mellencamp. His song "Small Town" pretty much defines my upbringing. "Another born romantic, that's me."

Dashboard Confessional. They are the ones to listen to when you're feeling down. If anyone knows how to express emotions through music, it's Chris Carrabba.

R.E.M. Their music is always relevant to the real world. It's calming and truthful.

Of course, there are tons more, but those are just some recommendations. Enjoy. Breathe.

"Only let us live up to what we have already attained." - Philippians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment